I’ve run into a recurring usability issue when using Cloud Agent for file-generation tasks.
For example, after the Agent finishes creating a file, it may tell me that the output is saved at a path like:
/data/workspace/deliverables/pitch_deck_page_02.html
The problem is that this is a path inside the Cloud Agent environment, so I can’t access it through Finder on my local machine.
That means I have to ask the Agent to provide a download link. However, the generated download link is sometimes invalid or inaccessible. I can ask it to resend the file, but the new link may still not work.
So the workflow becomes:
Agent successfully finishes the task → file exists in Cloud Agent → user still has no reliable way to retrieve it.
This makes file-based workflows on Cloud Agent quite frustrating, especially for tasks that generate HTML, PPT, PDF, documents, images, etc.
Suggestion
Could Anna provide a more standardized artifact/file-delivery mechanism at the Agent level?
For example:
- Automatically detect files created by the Agent and expose them as downloadable attachments in the conversation.
- Provide a persistent Files / Outputs / Artifacts area for the current session or Cloud Agent.
- Convert internal paths such as
/data/workspace/...into user-accessible files automatically. - Let the Agent reference a real file object instead of manually constructing download links.
- Ideally, generated files should remain accessible even after the Agent task has finished.
From a user perspective, if the Agent has already created the file successfully, retrieving that file should be a deterministic platform capability rather than something we need to repeatedly ask the LLM to handle.
I think improving this would make Cloud Agent much easier to use for any workflow that produces files.
