Hi Anna team,
I found another issue with the current app management experience.
Once I remove an app from the Dock, I can’t seem to add it back again. Even if I reinstall the app, it still does not return to the Dock, and I don’t see an obvious way to restore it manually.
This creates a pretty serious usability problem:
-
Removing an app from the Dock feels like it should only hide or unpin the app, not permanently break access to it.
-
If the user later changes their mind, there should be a clear way to add the app back to the Dock.
-
Reinstalling the app should either restore the Dock entry or at least provide an “Add to Dock” option.
-
Right now, after removal, the app feels like it enters an unrecoverable state from the user’s perspective.
Expected behavior:
-
If an app is removed from the Dock, it should still be visible in Installed Apps.
-
The user should be able to click “Add to Dock” or “Pin to Dock” from the app detail page.
-
Reinstalling an app should not preserve a hidden/removed Dock state unless the UI clearly explains that and gives the user a way to reverse it.
Actual behavior:
-
After removing an app from the Dock, I cannot find a way to add it back.
-
Reinstalling the app does not solve the issue.
I think this should probably be handled at the platform level, because Dock removal, reinstall, and app visibility are core parts of the app lifecycle. Users should not need to guess whether “remove from Dock” means hide, uninstall, disable, or permanently remove access.
Thanks!